COVID-19 Status And Plans
This page will be updated to reflect the Pumptrack’s current status and opening plans as they relate to COVID-19. We are currently following city and state guidelines to ensure the safety of our volunteers/visitors, and we are making decisions as updated information becomes available.
- Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Pumptrack is currently closed.
- We are currently targeting a mid-July opening date. This is subject to change.
- For the health and safety of our volunteers and visitors, we do not plan to open during the yellow phase. We will wait for direction from the Parks & Rec department about how and when we can open.
- During this time, we are working on projects to improve track sustainability and beautify the area.
When The Pumptrack Opens…
- Because of budget cuts to the Parks & Rec department, we will not have employees to staff the track as we normally do. Opening will be subject to volunteer availability.
- When we re-open, it will not be the same Pumptrack experience visitors are used to.
- Visitors will be likely be required to wear masks while at the track, and while riding.
- We may need to limit the number of riders allowed into the track at a time.
- To limit the possibility of infection, our loaner bikes and helmets will not be available for use.
Just like you, we miss the Pumptrack and are looking forward to re-opening. However, we also need to ensure everyone stays safe. Updates will be posted here and on the Pumptrack’s Facebook page.
The Philly Pumptrack Board