See attached job description for details. Personnel must be 18+, live in the city of Philadelphia, pass a drug test and background check. 35 Hr/Wk. $10.88/hr. April 1 - Nov 1. Send resumes to email@example.com. For questions call Kenn at 610-659-4430.
PHILLY PUMPTRACK - JOB DESCRIPTION(S)
Do you like working with autonomy and enjoy being outdoors? Would you like working in a park setting with families, kids and the occasional sports professional? Do you think sweat equity is a great way to improve the community? Do you like bikes?
If so, working at the Philly Pumptrack for the 2017 season might just be the perfect job for you!
The Philly Pumptrack is an earthen bicycle track and part of the Philadelphia Park and Recreation department, connected to the Parkside – Evans Recreation Center located at 5300 Parkside Avenue. We cater to youth and families and offer loaner bikes and helmets - free of charge - and is an ideal place for riders to learn bike handling skills in a safe controlled environment.
The team at the Philly Pumptrack is responsible for a wide variety of responsibilities that keep the employees engaged throughout the day. Track is open from 12pm-8pm, 7 days a week, unless weather closes the track. The track sits behind a locked gate and has a locked container where all of the tools and bikes are stored. You can find us at www.phillypumptrack.org or on Facebook as Philly Pumptrack.
The day begins with opening the track. Job duties associated with opening include:
· Setting up a registration table
· Erecting pop up tents
· Filling drinking water coolers
· Arranging the bicycle and helmet fleet and performing a safety check on each of the BMX and mountain bikes
· Staging hand tools to be used by staff and volunteers to work on the track and/or rain gardens
· Setting up the water system including hoses and a generator for water supply to the track
· Morning maintenance or un-tarping of track in cases where poor weather necessitates tarping.
Normal operating tasks include:
· Registering visitors and verifying identification
· Fitting helmets
· Explaining track riding protocol, teaching of basic skills
· Course marshalling of beginner and advanced tracks
· Care of plants, grass, and track surface
· Simple to advanced bicycle maintenance/repair
Our employees work with a large volume of children, and their parents, therefore a high level of patience and conflict resolution skills are paramount to success in this role.
Applicants must have the following characteristics:
· Service mentality to park visitors
· The ability to lift up to 30 lbs regularly
· Work on their feet for an entire shift
· Can physically endure high summer temperatures outdoors
· Applicants with bicycle maintenance skills (mechanical ability), or landscaping experience are highly preferred.
Additional and Optional job duties for a Philly Pumptrack include:
· Social media and communications for the track
· Assist with event planning
· Grant writing with oversight from Track Project Coordinator
· Community relations and liaison to PPR and the Bike Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
The position is a seasonal position, beginning as early as April 1, 2017 and can last through mid November, weather dependent. The applicant will work alongside a second seasonal employee and the Friends group volunteers. The position entails working up to 35 hrs/wk on average and pays $10.88/hr. Normal hours for seasonal staff are 12 noon – 6pm M – F but we are interested in staff who may be able to cover occasional weekend days and perhaps work Tuesday – Saturday. In addition, staff will be asked to cover Parks and Recreation Be Outdoors camps that attend the pumptrack for 2 hours during the week occasionally.
Applicants must live in the city of Philadelphia and be able to pass background check, drug test and physical.
Interested parties should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin interviewing on March 1, 2017 and continue until positions are filled.